Saturday, July 10, 2010

Meeting with the CEO

Off downtown again to a face-to-face meeting with a CEO. I’ve done it before and I’ll do it again.

I got the name from a CNW press release , made the phone call, and within 2m35s was hanging up having secured an appointment.

I have nothing to sell, except my self, and there’s a potential contact like this every day, so why do I feel pressured?

My idea is to sit and chat about our respective businesses for 15 minutes, 30 if I’m lucky.

I have a set of about 5 conversational points that I can develop, but I rely on my attributes (fast-mind, vast experience) to parlay any enquiry into a discussion about me.

And I trust myself.

I maintain that I’m good at solving problems, making estimates, setting boundaries and so on. The computing is a small part of it (but it’s where people see the payoff).

If I’m not comfortable with being adaptable and confident, then I have no business there.

So off I go.

It’s a trip downtown, a great opportunity to expand my business down the road, and what’s the worst that can happen?

I can learn from a mistake!

Talk to Me !

No comments: