Friday, July 30, 2010

Dropping-in Method

In If in Doubt, Show up I mentioned the use of a pack of old business cards – blank on one side – on which I scribbled contact details of those people who have invited me to drop in at any time.

On thinking it over (and about to make another trip downtown) it seems to me worthwhile to print them, to give them some permanency.

Why not just use the business cards they give to me? Because nowadays business cards are not always handed out. Besides which I can print my own stored comments on the cards, update phone numbers and so on.

I’ll probably dash off a quick boiler-plate text document with a single-cell table where the data goes, and use adhesive tape to build a wallet on a sheet of paper.

Dump the text in the cell, load the wallet-paper into the printer, Click!

Talk to Me !

No comments: