Thursday, July 15, 2010

How Many Contacts?

A trip downtown could be judged a failure if I measured it solely on the number of new COO’s I met.

One.

Just one.

But after the meeting with John ended at 11:06 I called Leon to see if he could do lunch; he couldn’t but suggested I come on the company boat trip in a few weeks time. I agreed. Then Leon said he was sitting with David who controls a $1.4B budget for the U.N. I chatted on the phon with David about mutual interests in history.

Then I called a different David and suggested lunch. He could not; he was en route, but he asked I send my material and he’d look at it.

So I called Rae, and he said Sure! He’d be happy to do lunch, so at 12:30 Rae and I sat down to lunch and I picked his brains.

By 2 p.m. I was back in my office having chatted with five contacts in my target market area.

Quite a haul for a (long) morning’s work!

Talk to Me !

No comments: