Thursday, October 28, 2010

Too Good a Contact?

Frankly I’m not sure that that’s the right heading, but here goes …

Working my way through my CRM, up pops the senior partner of (we’ll call them) Bloggs and Co.

I’ve not spoken with him.

I did chat up Griselda (no, not her real name) ten months ago. We met a month later for coffee, and it was off-site, and she was somewhat cool in reception. In the end, thanks but no thanks, she wasn’t interested in what I had offered.

Today, here comes Joe Bloggs. Now I don’t want to contact Griselda; she is too negative for my liking, but how did I get in touch with her in the first place?

Through a CNW press release.

Let’s search all the press releases for Bloggs and Co.

Odd!

She no longer appears in them.

Has she been let go?

My mass mailing to her six weeks ago was not returned, but maybe someone opened it, saw the flyer and mail-merge letter and just shredded it.

I find myself in the unfortunate position of having a contact that I don’t want, and I don’t know how to find out that she’s NOT there!

Talk to Me !

No comments: