Saturday, October 23, 2010

Phoning the Family

Not that family; I don’t have that sort of family.

I mean my fellow consultants, fellow entrepreneurs. The ones who support me with technical knowledge, the ones who stiffen my spine.

I need to call them, and they pop up on my Follow-up list as regularly as my Target Market Prospects.

However I need the prime time 9 a.m.-noon and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to call my prospects.

So at four in the afternoon I scoot through my CRM database, looking for family that will soon be up for a call. And I call them.

Usually there’s not a lot to say; “Hi, how are you doing”. We might make a date to meet for supper before the networking meeting; we might not.

But they are family, so the esteemed guest gets served first, and family gets fed later.

After four o’clock.

Talk to Me !

No comments: