Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thanks!

The debate continues.

I can only tell you what works for me.

I met this lunchtime with a Director of Corporate Training for a provincial organization. It was not really a sales call; we had not met, but we had been recommended, so the obvious thing to do is eat lunch.

Which we did.

We struggled to find topics of conversation, we each probed a bit, but not too much. After all, this isn’t a sales call.

We think alike about at least three things, and I’m gratified to find we are on the same wavelength.

I carry those DUCA greeting cards with me when I’m out.

I already have the mailing address on my printed crib sheet.

It is the work of TWO MINUTES while waiting for the subway train or bus to use my fountain pen and write thirty words, address the envelope, and put a customized postage stamp (bearing my face!) on the envelope, and best yet, drop it in a postbox in time for the 5 p.m. collection.

It should land on his desk tomorrow morning.

Tell me he won’t be impressed ….

Talk to Me !

No comments: