Wednesday, May 4, 2011

YouTube – What Took Me so Long?

I am surely the world’s slowest learner.

I’ve had a YouTube video about my 1-click Indexer up on YouTube for about 18 months now (October 5, 2009 06:53 PM). It has received 883 views, maybe a dozen of them mine.

That is Exposure

Yesterday I began making a list of Periodic Tasks – those things I must keep topped up, but distinct from my regular daily tasks.

For example, each month I ought to spend SOME time crating or upgrading LinkedIn, Product upgrade/upload, Home Web page, Home Web post, Podcast, Training item, eLetter, Personal Web page, Personal Web post, Camtasia Video, Technical paper – create or clean, YouTube videos … you get the idea.

YouTube Videos?

Since I already have about two dozen videos posted on my web site , why haven’t I shot them off to YouTube?

Who visits my web site? 300 visits per month, 600 in one good month back in March 2010, but I suspect that might have been me inspecting some updates!

Who visits YouTube? At least 883 people, obviously!

Clincher Number 1: YouTube & Google automatically indexes every submission

Clincher Number 2: YouTube is where people go to find out HowTo do everything. It is where I should post my answers to their questions.

Clincher Number 3: YouTube is forever. Long after I’m gone, people can get frustrated not being able to d/l tools from my web site.

Talk to Me !

P.S. For as long as I remember to update it, here’s a tracking of videos/views

Date

Uploaded

Views

Indexer

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

46

947


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

46

970

896

Thursday, April 28, 2011

46

988

902

Monday, May 02, 2011

47

1,009

914

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

47

1,014

919

P.S. Since drafting this article I came across a HighSpot blog item which reads, in part:

So many search queries are made for YouTube content that it can be considered the #2 search engine in the world . Did you catch that? Apart from Google, there is no other site that users search more often for content.

No comments: