Thursday, May 19, 2011

When is Free Not Free?

A few weeks ago I found myself staring at an online survey hosted by OfficeTeam .

“Take the FREE survey now” it said.

I clicked the button.

I clicked the next button (“Start Survey”)

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! FreeIsNotFree.png

Whoa!

How does my first name or last name affect my color?

And I didn’t choose my email address, it was foisted on me by the administrative staff at www.Grab_GrabMore_And_GrabAll.com .

My telephone number? I live in Oakville and work in Oshawa. Which number affects my color?

This is NOT FREE.

It is a personal data grab.

Really.

If you want my personal data, you have to earn it.

First let’s run the survey.

Then you get to ask ‘Want to know more about us” and I’ll consider adding my name to your mailing list.

But not my name and postal address.

Yet.

Talk to Me !

No comments: