Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hooray! Another Canceled Appointment

My daily schedule at the top level is:

Morning: Phone contacts, old and new; Hit The Phones.

Afternoon: Work on emails, locating new contacts, desk work, and allow the phone line to be free for incoming calls.

Occasionally I switch it around and try calling people in the early or late afternoon, and do deskwork in the morning; I’m trying to catch people who are never at their phones in the morning.

Days when I am due to take someone out to lunch, I leave here at around 10;30 for a noon appointment, so on those days I make a few urgent calls, dress and take the ‘bus, returning at around 2:30 pm.

Today I had a luncheon appointment, fired off a confirmation email and received in reply:

“I'm not going to be available today... sorry for the short notice. I have a client issue that needs my attention. Perhaps we could revisit our lunch date next week... Please advise as to an alternate date.”

This is a great gift to me. I had scheduled four or more hours away from my office; I have suddenly been given MORE THAN four hours I was not going to have.

Instead of phoning out from 9 to 10:30, and not being back until 2;30, I can set aside the period from 9:00 to 2:30 to break the back of the work of developing my MailChimp eLetter.

I have already set my phone message (“I’ll be away from my desk until mid-afternoon”), so I don’t feel guilty about unplugging the phone and leaving it unplugged until around 3 p.m.

And so I have almost SIX HOURS to focus without distraction on my eLetter campaign.

What a gift!

Talk to Me !

No comments: