Saturday, March 13, 2010

1/10 1 2 3 4 5 of 100

"I'm afraid I'll miss some of the job announcements" ("sales opportunities", "contacts" etc.)

Don't be afraid.

Be reconciled.

There are about one hundred people in this room. I have established contact with 5 of them, as in, "indulged in conversation".

That's 5%.

I wish I could get 10%, but then I'd probably have trouble maintaining contact with them for a few weeks.

Somewhere out there is your ideal job/contact/client, but you won't know until you stop looking.

The bad news is that you can look every day until the day you die, and still not know.

The good news is that you can go with what you've got (5 contacts) and make the best of them until it's time to go harvest a few more contacts.

It's a bit like fishing: catch 5 fish from the sea, and it's more than you and your family can eat today; tomorrow catch another five.

If you caught a months supply today, 95% of them would be putrid before you could eat them.

The analogy stinks, I know, but you get the idea.

No comments: