Monday, July 18, 2011

Six Business Resolutions and Tips for Keeping Them

I stole the headline from another Accountemps press release on Canada News Wire.

The article is worth reading in full, so I won’t paste it here (which would violate copyright laws anyway!)

The first tip reads in part:=

1. 'I want a new job.' Schedule time each week to revise your resume, build your LinkedIn profile, research new job opportunities and set up meetings with business contacts, including recruiters who specialize in your field.

I am struck by the over-riding theme throughout the six tips – to set a single objective and set aside time for that objective.

Indeed, it seems to me that my biggest enemy is my schedule – or lack of it.

So today I fired up my Calendar Wizard and printed off a schedule for next month.

I have marked in it, on each day, a specific task geared towards my business.

Each task should take an hour or less, and if I have a task scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday, I’m going to treat it as a commitment to a client and not take a booking for that time.

Talk to Me !

No comments: