Friday, November 5, 2010

So, Don’t Go - and Say So

It’s the old sage advice about dealing with a piece of paper the minute it lands on your desk.

This morning’s email run produced an email inviting me to a function a week from now. The email is from someone I met at a function last night. THAT function I attended because the presenter is a friend and colleague of mine, but the audience is not my type of entrepreneur.

So the invitation seminar is not likely to appeal to me.

At 4 a.m. I read the email and moved on to the next one.

At 8:30 a.m. I read it again and pushed it to the back; I really hate saying “No”!

At 9:45 a.m. I plucked up the courage/strength to reply “Sorry, I can’t”.

But look you. At 4 a.m. I knew I wasn’t going to go. I could have replied then and we would have been done.

Instead I have re-read the email twice, and had an agonizing nag on my shoulder for five hours.

To what gain?

None at all for me, and none for my correspondent.

At the first reading and should have said so straight away.

Talk to Me !

No comments: