Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Marketing and Sales for Techies Who Hate Marketing and Sales

This article was originally published in my “Clear thinking” blog on Friday, May 29, 2009. It popped up today and seems (to me) to be too good to ignore.

"Marketing and Sales ? I don’t have time for that."

But I do. Here’s how.

My skills can be sold at $1,000 per day. I’m good at what I do best, and I know I’m worth $1,000 per day in the right contract.

The trick lies in getting the right contract; getting the right fit between clients who can make best use of my abilities and myself.

If I could get five days work per month at $1,000 per day, I’d have money left over for my savings and retirement.

There are twenty working days in each month (four weeks of five days each, with a day off for medical maintenance).

That leaves fifteen days for Marketing and Sales.

I have fifteen days EACH MONTH to read up, study, and begin practicing what I need to do to make those $1,000/day sales.

Right.

Get to it!

Talk to Me !

1 comment:

Andie said...

Great recipe for success!