Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Love Binary!

A binary (two-way) choice is a yes/no, on/off, above/below choice.

I have 226 records in my contact database.

  • Of these 226 some are people I’ve met face-to-face, the rest are not.
  • Of these 226 some are people I’ve chatted with by telephone, the rest are not.
  • Of these 226 some are people for whom I’ve delivered a service and been paid for it, the rest are not.
  • Of these 226 some are people I’ve trained in something or other, the rest are not.

And so on.

Of these 226, one hundred and fifty three of them, as of today are due for a follow-up call. I am WAY behind in my schedule.

It follows that the 153 dues for a follow-up can also be split into “I have met” and “I have NOT met”; “I have spoken with”, and “I have NOT spoken with”. And so on.

And from THIS it follows that I might be able to work through my backlog of 153 entries by separating them into those who can receive a mailed postal letter, those who can receive an email, and those I really must contact by telephone to arrange a face-to-face meeting.

The concept of binary can reduce my overwhelming backlog quite quickly.

I love Binary!

Talk to Me !

No comments: