Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mistakes Happen

(Today is this blog's first anniversary)


“Classy all the way around. Mistakes happen. Character is revealed by how you handle them.”

The quote is lifted directly from Bad Call, Great Apology , and you DON’T need to know a thing about baseball to understand that, or this posting.

My clients make mistakes, and I forgive them, always (sometimes grudgingly, but I do forgive them), in part because my clients put food on my table and a roof over my head.

I make mistakes and my clients forgive me, but all too often I don’t forgive myself.

A professional approach to all this might be for me to forgive myself just as quickly as my clients forgive me; by doing that I am aligning myself with my client, instead of opposing them.

Apart from which, it would be nice to be known as someone who picks himself up and carries on working.

Joyfully.

P.S. And after my mid-morning meeting was stood-up, I received this email:

I just realized that I missed our meeting this morning. I must apologize profusely. No excuses, however my day was thrown into disarray due to my son being sick, setting up a doctor's appointment etc. and I just completely gapped on the meeting. I really hope you were able to set up some other meetings and have some productive time in town. Perhaps we can set something up when I'm out your way soon. Again, my apologies.

No comments: