Saturday, October 17, 2009

Really? A Cold-Call Script that Works

(Please see also 10 Cold Call Scripts that Work for YOU)
Here is the background:
I have used my prospecting tools to obtain a prospect Medworxx.
The Canada News Wire story gives me many names, foremost the President and CEO and his direct line.
While I'd be happy to chat at length with him on this first and unsolicited call, it is unlikely that he has nothing better to do with his time.
I am using the "Canada News Wire" story about Medworxx to get his attention.
My script is 80 words long; 60 words are unique. The script is loaded with content:
Mr. Matlow?
My name is Chris Greaves
I read the Medworxx story on Canada News Wire in August, and I wonder if you could spare me literally one minute?
Thank You.
You might be able to help me out.
I'd like to find out who I might talk with at Medworxx to discuss the ideas I have implemented for the production of documents in the healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry?

I have recorded the script and it runs 22 seconds, including pauses.
You can see a pause before the "Thank You"; the script assumes that he will agree to one minute, and my goal is to be off the phone within 60 seconds.
That leaves 38 seconds to negotiate the name and phone number or email address of someone at Medworxx.
If I can get in-and-out in 60 seconds, I can place the second call, another cold-call, prefaced with the CEO's name:
Ms Somebody?
My name is Chris Greaves
I was just chatting with Dan Matlow and he suggested I give you a call to discuss the ideas I have implemented for the production of documents in the healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry?

At this point, I assume that "chatting with The President" will get his attention, and my goal on this call is to get him to ask about my services and to agree to a single follow-up email with information of value to Medworxx.
One of my chief assets on making unsolicited telephone calls is my accent, a mixture of Lancashire UK, Western Australian, and Canadian. You can hear the first script by clicking here.
Contact Me and let me know how you got on. I'd love to hear your side of the story.
In fact, why not put me on your list of people-to-call? I'd love to see how you make cold calls.

No comments: