Saturday, September 5, 2009

So Do I Ever Call a CEO?


Yup!
From my point of view any excuse will do, as long as it is a rational excuse.
I am a prospector, trawling Canada News Wire for leads.
This morning my automated procedure Weather-Vain picked up on an announcement by a gold-mining firm; I read the announcement, trotted off to their web site (as listed in the press release) and received the following screen:

Maybe a real-live reporter got there first, but one of my roles is a technical support guy, so why not call his direct line and leave a short voice mail?
He hears my name at the start and at the end of the message. I bring him something of value, news. Bad news, to be sure, but better he learns about it sooner than later.
And someone should be calling me back Real Soon Now!
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
The CEO called me back. We had a nice chat and established contact.

No comments: