Friday, September 25, 2009

Google Analytics

http://www.google.com/analytics/
Now that you have your own domain and a web site, learn from Google how you stack up.
The Google Analytics web site is simplicity itself. In under five minutes I had
· (1) Signed in using my FREE gMail account
· (2) Keyed in my name and telephone number
· (3) Keyed in my domain name (www.chrisGreaves.com)
· (4) Pasted a snippet of code into a Notepad text file and saved it on my hard drive
· (5) Pasted the same snippet into the Footer.doc whose contents appear on every page of my web site
My theory is that a week from now I can obtain text and graphic reports from Google telling what pages are being visited, how much time people are spending there, ….
I'll post an update to this page once I have a report.

No comments: