Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Fortnightly Phone Call

So here I am, churning out letters to postal-mail to contacts, some of whom I’ve not yet met. (“Not Yet”, Never “Never”!).

And I know that spending 3 hours printing, stuffing and licking isn’t generating revenue.

So my mind wanders to the 3 or 4 projects that are bubbling away in the background.

And it dawns on me that every TWO weeks, I ought to be calling up the project manager – not the fellow I work with on a day-to-day basis, but the fellow(s) one or two levels above, for a 2-minute chat.

If there is something especially relevant, that’ll be the topic, otherwise, so help me, I ought to be inventive enough to come up with something of value to drop in their ear.

Then I’ll click the “Two Weeks” button on my contact list and get back to the printing, stuffing and licking.

Talk to Me !

No comments: