Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why Are Testimonials Awkward to Write?

I've been asked to write two testimonials over the past 3 days.

It took me 10 minutes to write one, and I'm struggling with the second. Why?

In both cases my suppliers made me look good by their extra efforts. In both cases I am, and would be, delighted to discuss my statements over the phone.

Do You Find it Difficult to Write a Testimonial?

I'm not talking about the letter-to-head-office when you receive great service at a hotel or restaurant chain - those are straightforward and necessary.

I'm talking about the one-on-one business you do with fellow entrepreneurs.

My "difficult" case is the person who laid me before the feet of the Microsoft Board of Directors.

Quick now: When did anyone present YOU to the Microsoft Board of Directors? I thought not.

So why is it so difficult to get finished?

No comments: