Monday, June 20, 2011

Targeted Marketing

Slipped under my apartment door was this 1-sheet political flyer.

Annoying to me because we have a secure and clean building, no soliciting, no hawkers, no election pamphlets lying on the floor …

Nonetheless it caught my eye.

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! TargetedMarketing_Scan10001.JPG

Why?

Because it reads “Reaching out to the Markland Wood community”

Borys is the member for “Etobicoke Central”.

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! TargetedMarketing_35022.jpg

Here is Borys’s riding, with the Markland Wood area, in which I live, outlined in Green, as near as I can tell.

Borys’s flyer got my attention because it mentioned the smallest political or geographic area in which one can live short of saying “I live next door to Millwood Junior Public School”.

Has Borys divvied his riding into ten or so emotional areas?

If so good for his marketing and sales team.

After all, if you are going to print off 10,000 flyers, how much extra is it to print them as ten batches of 1,000 each?

Especially if it gets people to read them!

Talk to Me !

No comments: