Friday, June 10, 2011

Rainy-Day Mailings Always Get Me Up

By the time you read this, the clouds will have passed away, and we might all be washed down the drain.

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! RainyDayMailings.png

As I type I am under that large green slug cunningly disguised as an “April Shower”.

Hah!

It’s been a BLAH day, and my mood is not made better by the weather. I am sick of cold, windy, wet, icy weather.

My contact data base says there are 163 stale contacts – people who, in my opinion, are due to be “touched” by me.

I just don’t feel up to phoning, but I make some calls before lunch and strike it lucky, speaking with three people who have been hard-to-get-hold-of this past month.

I left a few voice-mails, but I don’t like doing that unless we are in the midst of a dialogue.

After lunch I just can’t get going, so I decide that one of the reasons I’ve met people, taken them to lunch, left a voice-mail and so on is so that I can feel comfortable sending them an occasional email.

So that’s what I did, to 16 of them.

One by one

Not a mass-mailing, but a copy-paste-AND-EDIT of a basic text, including some part of my comments or notes on our previous conversation, smack dab in the middle of the text.

Here’s what it looked like:

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! RainyDayMailings2.png

It feels good

My contact data base says there are 119 stale contacts

I feel better!

Talk to Me !


No comments: