Thursday, June 23, 2011

Priceless!

“Thanks for this. These photo logs are priceless.”

I know what he means.

They ARE pretty good, if I say so myself.

But they aren’t priceless.

They Come At a Price

Several prices.

1: The time taken to key in the text and to insert the images.

2: The time to spell-check and proof-read the text and to compile the lot into a web page.

3: The time to upload the web page and each image.

4: The time to resize the images down from 4MB to about 300KB.

5: The time to take snapshot screen images of maps and edit them in MSPaint.

6: Even: The time spent not-paddling while fiddling with the camera

There’s more, but you get the idea.

And I Believe it is True of all Human Endeavour

Especially within the realms of our businesses.

There’s a price paid for meeting David for brunch

(1) The cost of the meal & tips

(2) The cost of David running his car down to my place then to The Montreal Deli

(3) The time I haven’t spent phoning sales contacts.

(4) The time David hasn’t spent phoning sales contacts.

There’s more, but you get the idea.

Every activity has a price.

The Real Question is – What’s the Payback?

Talk to Me !

No comments: