Thursday, March 31, 2011

Start Your Christmas Letter NOW!

I should talk. I still am not finished mailing out my 2010 Christmas letters.

Mainly because I haven’t cleared a space on the table, finished checking my map collection and so on. Truth is, I haven’t set aside the time to do it.

But what about next December? Will I have two corporate letters ready-to-go-to-print?

You betcha!

So can you.

Here’s how

  • Fire up your favorite word processor.
  • Save a new document as Christmas2011.doc
  • Create a two-column table.
  • In the left-hand column place the months January through December.
  • In the right-hand column write one short paragraph for each of the past months – January, February, March.
  • Save and close your document.

You are looking for the most significant commercial and personal event in the month. (One event for each newsletter).

During the current month, when something significant happens, load it into the right-hand cell for the current month (or contemplate replacing what seemed momentous four days ago).

And don’t worry; at the end of the year much of this will seem trivial in retrospect because you have issued lost of newsletters, blogged lots of items, made lots of lunches, gone on many trips since then. But to your readers the initial event will be as fresh as your Christmas letter in their hands.

Talk to Me !

No comments: