Wednesday, March 23, 2011

There’s No Such Thing As Bad Weather …

… Just the Wrong Clothes.

OK, so I stole that from a TVO broadcast of the Billy Connoly trip around the top of Canada via the elusive North-West Passage .

His point is valid, and Australian friends and relatives have often enough asked me “How do you COPE in Toronto?”.

Truth is, I don’t like the winter weather; I grew up in the mirror image of San Diego and Borrego Springs . Nonetheless I dress warm, gloves, cap, scarf, and set off on a 10-minute trek to a friend’s house for supper, carrying the meal’s ingredients ( I love to cook ).

It struck me that the same could be said of my business contacts:

  • There’s No Such Thing As Bad Clients – Just the Wrong Product.
  • There’s No Such Thing As a Bad Sale – Just the Wrong Conversation.
  • There’s No Such Thing As a Bad Prospect – Just the Wrong Hook.

I am sure you can continue paraphrasing whenever things go wrong in your business.

Talk to Me !

No comments: