Friday, December 10, 2010

Define Your Audience and Clarify Your Message

A recent post from Andie Lewandowski includes the little zinger I used as my subject line.

The minute I read it, I wrote it down on a scrap of paper to carry with me today.

Eighteen Months ago I was challenged to define my New Target Market; I thought that was easy.

Today I realize that I still have trouble focusing on the “who”, and for the who, presenting a core message that should make them sit up and want to meet with me.

It’s that simple.

I’m sure that by now I have the audience nailed down.

It’s that initial (and continuing message) that I want to refine, and refine, and refine, to the point where issuing the message, in spoken or written form, prompts the recipient to invite me to their office.

Talk to Me !

No comments: