Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bah! Humbug!!

I had a meltdown of sorts this week. Monday afternoon my laptop – my main machine – died.

I made a trip to my favorite repair store in Toronto and learned that it wasn’t the power supply this time ($70) but could be the motherboard ($300).

I could buy a new laptop for under $400, so off I went.

Sadly I am being forced into Windows 7, whereas I’ve spent ten years fine-tuning my WinXP system to a (to you unbelievable) degree of perfection.

Suddenly my fingers fly across the keyboard and create mayhem instead of a new folder; I can’t type the drive and path together in the File saveAs box – need I go on?

What’s really cheesing me off is that I didn’t publish my blog for four days, and no-one commented!

Hence the title of this post.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all (both of you?), and guess how I’ll be spending the Christmas break?

Talk to Me !

No comments: