Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Your Most Essential Task Today is …

We know that we are not getting sales; prospects; contacts.

We know that several months, almost amounting to a year, have slipped by and we seem to be no closer to our goal of fifty-two new clients than we were a year ago.

Where has the year gone?



It doesn’t matter where the year has gone.

All that really matters is today, and what we do with it. I’m prepared to argue about this for as long as you like, at The Montreal Deli , if you think you can win this one.

Let me give you an example: It is 11:30 p.m. as I type this; this day is as good as gone; writing this blog item is just a get-me-off-to-sleep item.

Tomorrow morning, before I check email, read the online newspapers or even post my daily blog (from my “Coming soon” funnel), and while the first pot of coffee is still brewing, and while the computer is performing its first-boot-of-the-day tasks , I must filter out of a big pile of paper every brown window-envelope; I must open each envelope and lay the contents out on a clear desk.

It’s all about taxes, you see.



By the time I’ve laid them out and worked out what they are, I’ll be in a position to phone the tax department.

They left a voice-mail on the phone three days ago, you see, so I’m sure I owe them a return, or a tax payment.

Whatever it is, it can’t be good.



But if I don’t make sure it gets done (the phone call) tomorrow, whatever-it-is will still be waiting, and it will probably get worse.

And you know that I know that once I hurdle the obstacle, the fear of the unknown won’t be hanging over my head.

And I’ll sleep better, work better, and just have a better life, instead of worrying myself through the valley of stress into an early pit of despair.

If you are reading this first thing in the morning, treat yourself to resolving the most important thing in your life TODAY.

You deserve it!

No comments: