Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let Your Brand Trash Your Elevator Speech

Let Your Brand Trash Your Elevator Speech

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

So there I was waiting for my turn to give the elevator speech; my mind went blank. One by one people stood, delivered and sat down.

I didn't hear a word they said.



What IS my elevator speech?

As panic set in, I circled the many, many things I am capable of doing well, most of them unlinked to one another.

Excepting that I do them all very well.

I have read George Torok's article in the September 2009 edition of Enterprise magazine, and am rethinking my brand along the lines of "Cheerful, laughter, Positive, The answer is always YES, Let's do it", and so on. That, I think, is a client's gut feel about me.

My Turn to Stand up

I can't remember what I said.



I mentioned nothing about Indxr, Prospector, my technical wizardry.

I think I was a bubbling enthusiastic guy in a gray shirt and a pink tie and a gray jacket with pink flecks who had been mentioned by two other attendees, and who stood up cheerful and laughing and was quite obviously the guy having the most fun of everybody.

Worth Checking Out.

I made four super-strong contacts last night.

Go figure

1 comment:

George Torok said...

Here's a tip for deciding what to say in your elevator speech: Answer the question "Why?" not "What?"

Too many people try to answer "What?". The important question is "Why?"

"Whats" are only boring facts.

"Whys" are thought provoking, motivating and memorable.

PS" Glad you enjoyed my article in Enterprise.

George Torok
http://www.powermarketing.ca/