Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tim Hortons

(An open letter to Tim Hortons)

At around 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 9, 2009, accompanied by a friend, I entered the Tim Hortons coffee shop on The West Mall, just south of Dundas Street.

Neither I nor my friend had been in the shop for the past 18 months.

The greeting I received shocked me to the extent that it has taken me two days to get around to write about it; I have been too busy telling my friends and colleagues of my experience.

The lady behind the counter greeted us both with "Long time no see"; we responded along the lines of "Well, yes".

Your representative then looked me in the eye and said "Mocha, medium, right?"

I could only nod, and was still silent (a rare event in my life) when your representative returned with the Mocha, medium, and said "No lid, right?".

Words fail me.



But perhaps you can convey to your staff the impact this greeting has had on me.

No comments: