Monday, August 17, 2009

Waste Not, Want Not!

(Another use for "useless" prospects)

I get the prospect, a assemble the dossier, I work on my plan-of-approach, using the story of the press release to segue into my abilities.

Then I get the contact details – the address of the firm.

And discover it is just a TEENY bit of a way outside my target market area. But still a local phone call.

I was tempted to toss the paper into the shredder and start on the next prospect.

Then I thought: "Why not have a shot at getting a meeting with them anyway; the worst that can happen is that you'll get a call to visit them".

The best that can happen is that I won't get a call – but will have been able to sacrifice them on an experimental script.

These "useless" prospects may be just what I need as I get started; an arena to hone my skills.

No comments: