Friday, November 4, 2011

Sad Saga

The Prospector often enough paints a rosy picture of life in the heady world of High Finance on Bay Street.

And then it paints a sad story, from time to time.

I have Prospector set up to tell me when any of my contact corporations is in the news.

So last month I read of some fraud in some company:

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! Saga_001.png

I don’t know the facts, just what is printed in the press release.

Fourteen Million dollars is not chump change, not even on Bay Street.

My guess too is that the company is ethically bound to announce this problem rather than hide it under the rug.

Then this month I read:

Visit www.ChrisGreaves.com for this image! Saga_002.png

I had not yet met the CFO; given a few more months I might have taken him to lunch.

Was he the one who perpetrated the fraud?

I don’t know.

Is he the one who has to resign and take the blame?

I don’t know.

All I know is that, with a weary sigh, I remove his record from my contact list.

Talk to Me !

The Next Day

Property manager bilked $20M in condo fraud, victims claim

Talk to Me !

No comments: