Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things Aren’t Always What They Seem




If you’re old, you’ll remember the group “Blood, Sweat & Tears“. I remember them from heady days of being a young adult in my first job, money coming in, beer and port wine, newly married, setting up house, the world was mine.

Of course, secretly I wanted to be invited as lead singer of “Blood, Sweat & Tears“. It didn’t happen. Not because I wasn’t good enough, I just never got around to getting in touch with them.

If you’re not old enough, you’ll NOT remember the group “Blood, Sweat & Tears“. You won’t even remember The Beatles, but at least you’ll have listened to The Beatles, maybe watched videos, read articles in magazines and newspapers.

Whatever

How many members in “Blood, Sweat & Tears“?

The Beatles were a group of four, right?

“Blood, Sweat & Tears“? Four? Five? Maybe six?

Would you believe one hundred and thirty four ?

Over 43 years (1967-2010) that works out to just over 3 group members per year.

Of course, some stays were short, others long, but over my entire working life the group could have been re-invented almost every year.

While I was working in Wollongong and Newcastle N.S.W, in Adelaide S.A., in the UK, France, Singapore and Canada, the group was changing like a kaleidoscope – always the same sound and color, but the flakes (sorry!) re-arranged.

Who knew?

Talk to Me !

No comments: