Saturday, August 28, 2010

Access95ibility

So I’m wading through my contact list, phoning people who are “due for a call”, and the next call has a surprised Cindy on the line. “I was just thinking of you yesterday”.

I love those responses, sort of.

It’s great to hear that my call is timely, and the way is smoothed for a meeting.

But why didn’t she call me yesterday?

So what’s it about? It’s about something she mentioned 24 months ago, conversion of an old Access 95 database to Access 2007 standards.

I followed up 2 years ago, but the time was not right. I then assumed that she had worked out how to do it herself, or found someone else to do it. My fault for not following up.

But no, here I am, Mister foot-in-the-door.

And why?

Because I picked up the phone and called.

No comments: