Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Business Cards

It’s not what it used to be.
Twenty years ago I ordered business cards, it took two weeks and a box of 1,000 cards cost me a small fortune.
On Sunday I emailed a word-processing document with my mockup to a printer.
On Monday afternoon I could have checked the proofs, but had another appointment.
Tuesday morning I checked the proofs for a small order of 250 cards.
They will be available for pickup Wednesday morning.
$65 (includes all taxes).
The speed and cost reduction seems to be the result of digital printing technology. Film or plates do not have to be set up.
In fact, I could probably do the job myself if I had a suitably calibrated guillotine. Assuming that’s what they use to trim them down to size!
(Tuesday, June 23, 2009 4:00 p.m)
“We got lucky” says Ken King (http://www.sourceimaging.ca/), as he drops them off at my door six hours later.

No comments: